Monday, May 16, 2011

Recipe: Turkey Burgers

Well, it's time to eat again, and I'm getting pretty hungry. I whipped up some turkey burgers the other day and froze them individually. They're quick to defrost and cook up nicely! This is a pretty basic recipe I came up with, but I'm not afraid to add some additional flavors to it after I defrost (ie, splash of soy and grated ginger, perhaps)...here's the basic recipe:

Turkey Burgers



2 lbs ground turkey breast
1/4 cup oat bran
1 green onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tsp. Badia complete seasoning

Directions: Incorporate ingredients together in bowl using hands. Weigh out burger meat in 4 oz. portions. Flatten meat, round edges and place in small sandwich Ziploc bag. Place all patties in larger, Ziploc bag to be frozen.

When ready to cook, remove patty from freezer. Submerge patty (in bag) in warm water and allow to thaw. When fully thawed, grill or broil.

Servings: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment