Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lemon Lime Marinated Chicken

 I stumbled upon this recipe at My Coupon Teacher and it can easily be adjusted (by substituting Diet Soda) for Dukan. I haven't tried it yet (let me know if you do & I will let you know when I do!) . . .


Lemon Lime Marinated Chicken

1 cup lemon-lime soda
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tsp  horseradish
2 T lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
2-3 pounds of chicken
In a large mixing bowl combine all the first nine ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable bag or a flat sealable container. Add the chicken and turn to coat all the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but not more than 2 hours.  Pour leftover marinate into a bowl, use this for a sauce if desired.
Drain and discard marinade from the chicken. Grill until cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe rocks!!! It is a perfect recipe if you are looking for a bit of sweetness without adding sugar or anything from the naughty list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....I cubed up my chicken and made kabobs on the grill! SOOOO delicious!

    ReplyDelete