Thursday, May 19, 2011

IMPROVED Recipe: Dukan Pancake

I wasn't too impressed with my Dukan pancake yesterday, and I thought I'd make good on my promise to tweak the recipe...the result was a little bit fluffier (it broke apart a little bit when flipping, though) and overall, a better taste...

Dukan Pancake II


1 egg (I only use half a yolk, entire white)
1 1/2 Tbsp oat bran
2 Tbsp plain, 0% Greek yogurt
2 1/2 packets of Splenda
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of pumpkin pie spice

Directions: Beat egg, fold in yogurt, oatbran, 2 packets of Splenda and spices. Place batter in small skillet over medium low heat, about 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle pancake with remaining 1/2 packet Splenda and a little bit of cinnamon.

3 comments:

  1. wonder if we could add 1/2 t of baking soda to make it fluffier?

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea! Maybe Cream of Tartar would work as well? Let us know if you give either a try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bake it in the oven at 400 C in cake pan with a bit of Pam, for about 15 - 20 minutes. Doesn't stick + no need to flip. Instead of Pumpkin spice pie, I used cinnamon + I added a bit of Vanilla extract + 2 TBSP of wheat bran.

    ReplyDelete