Monday, May 16, 2011

Oat Bran Emergency

**DISCLAIMER: the "recipe" you are about to read may not seem appetizing to you if you are not currently dukanning.**


Leave it to me to forget all about the oat bran yesterday til about 7 pm! I knew I had to get it down the hatch somehow, and I was definitely craving something sweet at that point...I decided to mix something up.

Berry Cobbler Mousse

1/2 cup plain, 0% Greek yogurt
1/2 of a sinlge packet of Crystal Light (any flavor you choose, I used Berry Pomegrante)
1 1/2 Tbsp of oat bran

Directions: Mix well yogurt and Crystal Light well. Fold in oat bran. 

My review: this recipe was made on a whim...I wouldn't call it delicious, but it is definitely sweet and edible. It had the flavor of an oaty-berry cobbler, and the consistency of a yogurty mousse. Use your imagination--it tasted pretty much exactly how you would expect. Would I make it again? Probably in a few minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy---I'll have to give it a try...thx:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just tried this. Only had lemon crystal light on hand. It tasted like a lemon bar!! Thanks, Divas

    ReplyDelete